Monday, September 21, 2015

Zanzibar

When I was a 10 years old there was an ice-cream shop in my town with the name Zanzibar...without really knowing where it was, or if it was real,  I associated the name of this island with the tropics and spices. I never heard it again and so it stayed in my memory as the echo of something taken from a tale.
zanzibar
In 2015 I got an invitation form the Goethe Institute  to teach a workshop in Dar es Salaam, in Tanzania. After reading the Email, I immediately opened google maps to see where else can I go in that country... And there it was, not far away from the coast: Zanzibar! The island was real.
zanzibar7
This is the story of 4 intensive sketching days in Zanzibar, with the best company that I could have imagined: the fellow artist Stephanie Ledoux

No comments:

Post a Comment